Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Random Rock & Roll Memory- 1 1/2 Degrees of Separation

People in general love to brag about meeting, knowing, or knowing some one who knows a celebrity (or semi or quasi celebrity.) This common yet irritating trait is increased eightyfold when you live in Los Angeles. Several years ago, I attended a concert featuring my favorite old geezer band cashing in on the excesses of their youth. While sitting backstage waiting for the show to go on, many people around me were exchanging stories about personal encounters they or their best friends had with band members. One woman excitedly revealed that a friend of hers had been to the guitar player's house. Of course, upon hearing this, my concert-going companion had to one up this woman's story. He turns to me and says "You know that girl Lori you met?" "Yeah, the drugged-out stripper?" I recalled. "She did heroin with (guitar player's name redacted) in the '80s."
Thank God the band hit the stage just then, saving me from a topper to that brush with greatness





No comments:

Post a Comment